The Richard Ginori 1735 factory was originally influenced both by Art Nouveau and classical Florentine styles, and was founded by the great thinker and entrepreneur Marquis Carlo Andrea Ginori. When the Florentine aristocrat created the factory that was to become one of the most famous makers of artistic porcelain in the villa on the family estate in Doccia, ‘white gold fever’ had just begun to spread across Europe. The Ginori family’s success continued to 1896, when the company merged with Milanese ceramics manufacturer Augusto Richard, which already owned many factories in the north of Italy. After the Second World War it was decided to build a new factory that was closer to the road. It was to be constructed according to logical, modern criteria at Sesto Fiorentino, where the factory was moved to in 1958. For nearly 275 years, the ‘white gold factory’ has always strived for artistic and creative excellence while absorbing changing styles and developments in technique as they were introduced over the years.